We’re looking for the first batch of writers for THE KOREA BLOG
The Korean Culture and Information Service (KOCIS) of the Korean Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism is looking for bloggers from around the world for “THE KOREA BLOG.”
This is the official blog of Korea.net, an official webpage of the Republic of Korea, and aims to show the hip, modern side of Korean life and culture. We’re looking for people able to explore and present this side of Korea to apply to join our first batch of bloggers.
- Application period: February 7 to 21. Successful candidates will be contacted by email, and a notice will appear on THE KOREA BLOG on February 24.
- Duration : March to December 2011 (10 months)
- Number of candidates: 50 bloggers
- Non-Koreans living abroad or in Korea, Koreans living abroad
- Ability to communicate and write in English
- Already writing a personal blog or participating in social media networks
- Interested in Korean arts, culture, fashion, IT, and travel
- Committed and responsible, able to commit to a blogging schedule
- How to apply
- Bloggers living abroad who submit letters of recommendation from their local Korean Culture Center’s cultural official or the head of the center will recieve extra consideration.
- Download the application form, fill it in, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write about Korea-related topics on your personal blog at least twice a month. The Korea Blog is open to a wide variety of Korea-related topics, including local performances of Korean arts and culture or by Korean citizens, Korean products, celebrities, exhibits, language, or even your own personal experiences interacting with Koreans.
- Report on Korea-related events, particularly those which held by local overseas cultural centers
- Leave comments on Korea.net blog
3. Successful candidates will:
- Have their blogs introduced on The Korea Blog, and be given an icon indicating their affiliation for their own homepage.
- Receive invitations to cultural center events as a Korea.net partner.
- An invitation to continue blogging for The Korea Blog.
- The five most active bloggers will be given a trip to press tour of Korea for 3-4 days, or a ticket to visit their home country if currently residing in Korea