[Recipe] How to do Gimbap (김밥)??
What is this ??
김밥Gimbap or kimbap is one of popular Korean dish…
The literal translation of the word 김밥- gimbap is seaweed rice.
It is because these two things are the most basic components of gimbap.
What you need to do Gimbap ??
- Steamed white rice- You can use sushi rice for best results. Add a dash of sesame oil to the cooked rice and make sure to thoroughly cool before use.
- Sheets of dried layer seaweed.
- The Bamboo rolling mat equipment, which is really helpful and highly recommended.
Now, what about those fillings?
The rolls you see here are filled with a multi-textured, a colorful, and well-balanced vegetarian combo of bright yellow pickled radish, carrots, cucumber , egg, imitation crab meat and Hot dog …
How to do 김밥Gimbap??
1. Position the seaweed on top of the Bamboo Rolling Mat.
3. Arrange the fillings on top of the rice.
Last, Cut into bite-size pieces.
Apply sesame oil on the surface.
Then, use a very sharp knife when slicing because a dull knife may deflate your roll.
(Wet your knife in between cutting if it gets sticky with rice.)