The Korea blog is looking for a second batch of bloggers from around the world. The Korea blog aims to show the hip and contemporary side of Korean life and culture. The blog was launched on January 31, 2011 by the Korean Culture and Information Service, a part of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
If you want to join the crew to share your stories with other people, explore, and present the modern side of Korea, apply now!
o Application period: Thursday, December 1 to Sunday, December 25, 2011.
o Announcement: Successful candidates will be contacted by email, and also will be announced under the “Notice” on the Korea Blog on December 30 (Fri).
o Duration of blogging activity: January 1 to December 31, 2012
o Number of candidates: 30 bloggers living in or outside of Korea
- Non-Koreans living abroad or in Korea
- Ability to communicate and write in English concisely
- Running a personal blog or actively participating in social media networks
- Interested in Korean arts, culture, lifestyle, brands, IT, and travel
- Committed and responsible, able to commit to blogging
- Ability to take quality videos and/or photos OR ability to illustrate or draw cartoons
- Must be available by email, phone, or other SNS tools
- Extra consideration will be given to bloggers living abroad who submit letters of recommendation from their local Korean Culture Center’s cultural official or the head of the center.
- You will receive extra consideration if you are an expert in a specific area — for example, Korean food or recipes, Korean popular music, Korean TV dramas, sports, Korea-made products — or you are involved in a meta-blog site.
o How to apply
① Become a fan on Korea.net’s Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/KoreaClickers .
② Please click the event menu “Join the second batch of the WKB!” on your left and tell us why you want to become one of the worldwide Korea bloggers. : http://www.facebook.com/KoreaClickers#!/events/313999411961297/
③ Download the application form, fill it in, and send it to email@example.com
o Write about Korea-related topics on your personal blog at least twice a month. Then post the title and the link to your blog post under the “Forum for WKBs” menu on our Facebook page (Korea Clickers). The blog managers will carefully read and select the ones that will be posted on the Korea blog.
o The Korea Blog is open to a wide variety of Korea-related topics, including:
reports on Korea-related events, particularly those held by local overseas cultural centers, local performances related to Korean arts and culture or by Korean citizens, Korean products, celebrities, exhibits, language, or even your own personal experiences interacting with Koreans.
o If you focus on one particular topic, as mentioned above, you have a higher chance of being selected.
o Leave comments or be active on Korea.net’s social media — blog, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other channels.
3. Successful candidates will:
o have their blog posts introduced on the Korea Blog, which posts new stories about three times a week or 12-15 times a month
o receive an icon for their own homepage indicating their affiliation
o receive invitations to cultural center events as a Korea.net partner (for bloggers not in Korea)
o receive invitations to various cultural events like concerts and plays (for bloggers in Korea) (in 2011, bloggers in Korea were invited to plays, Grand Prix Formula 1, the IAAF World Championships Daegu 2011, and so on)
o receive gifts
o A total of about five of the most active bloggers will be invited on a press tour of Korea for 3-4 days and continue blogging for the Korea Blog.